Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Chemical Names and Formulas

One of the major things we have been working on this quarter is writing out the formulas for compounds and being able to identify the name of compound by it's formula. I had a lot of trouble with this at first, but once i got the hang of it it became really easy and actually pretty fun!
This first sheet is an activity that we did to help us with naming compounds and writing out formulas. This helped me a lot. There is a lot of confusion when it comes to some of them at first but it really helped to use a  "cheat sheet" Mr. Ludwig gave us that basically listed some different elements and their number of protons or electrons and how they can combine to make a compound! 
Below is a test I took in Chemistry that shows my ability in naming and identifying names and formulas of compounds. I only missed one question on this test!

No comments:

Post a Comment